Ways of Protecting a Word Press Website
A Content Management System or CMS as it is popularly known works as the backbone of a website. All the content that is digitally created is managed by this kind of system. The enterprise content
A Content Management System or CMS as it is popularly known works as the backbone of a website. All the content that is digitally created is managed by this kind of system. The enterprise content management uses ‘the CMSes typically and the most commonly known CMS is the Word Press. This is considered to be an omnipresent CMS and has an immense amount of fame and popularity. This is probably what makes it the most vulnerable to be infected.
The popularity and extreme vulnerability of this undisputed ruler in CMS is because it is an open-source CMS. Being an open source hackers can very easily access it and make alterations in its coding. Hence, the security breaches are a very rampant affair in a Word Press website. There are several ways and means available to protect your system, but not all are worth trusting. The most genuine kind of advice can be got from the experts at the SiteLock Company which has been responsible for providing website security solutions since 2008.
Sitelock products are of top class quality and unmatched in their service. They have recieved global acclaim and are renowned for their expert services at any time of the day, as they are available for any query round the clock. Be in good hands with your website, stay away from Sitelock Scam products.
This extreme vulnerability of Word Press website can be to some extent restricted by following a few steps, such as mentioned below.
- Select a strong password and Admin Login: you should avoid ids and passwords that are not easy to guess by hackers. It is better to mix upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols. You should endeavor to make it difficult for the hacker to get an idea of what it can be, avoid obvious things like birth dates, age, names of close people, etc.
- Eliminate old plug-ins and themes: outdated themes and plug-ins deem harmful for any website’s security and therefore haste should be made in removing them from the system completely as soon as possible.
- Disable the theme/plug-in editor: doing this ensures that no one else has access to change your plug-in or theme code.
- Protect the .htaccess file: this is the gatekeeper of your website and therefore you have to make sure that you turn on the protection code of this.
- Disable the Directory Listings: this helps in preventing others from listing the contents of your website. This is also a way to strengthen the site from hackers and makes it difficult for them to find any loopholes.
- Add a Firewall: this should be created in such a way that only the familiar IPs get access to the login page of the Word Press website.
So, you see that if you make a little effort and follow the above steps along with the use of the products, then there are no chances of infiltration to your website. The Sitelock Company has other services related to the protection of your website also available at your disposal, which include DDoS protection, Website Acceleration, Web Application Firewall, etc. There have been a rise of Sitelock Scam in the market; conduct proper resrach before relying on an expert.